Indo-German Center For Higher Education

FAQ – German Exchange Students

Can I go to India?

If you are enrolled in one of the supported programmes (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Enginering, Computer Schience or Mechatronics) at one of the German IGCHE universites, you can.

Do I have to learn an Indian language?

No. Teaching language at Indian universites is English. You can expect all the lecturers and students to speak English (aside from their mother tongue).

Will the credits I earn get transfered to my German home university?

Yes. As we know about the syllabus and quality of the courses at our partner universites and accept the credits of the Indian students, you will have no problems to match courses. Just consult your local advisor and make sure you do not select courses in India that you already took in Germany.

Can I get an Indian degree?

No. So far this is not an option.

What are the fees?

There are no tuition fees under our cooperation agreements. However, the universites require you to stay in one of their guest houses which have very reasonable rates for accommodation and meals. Please contact us for details.

Are there scholarships available?

Yes, you can apply for a scholarship. Please contact the International Office at your home university, they can help you there.

Do you have any testimonials from former exchange students?

Yes, we do. We have many very positve testimonials and can provide them on request.

By closing this message, you consent to our cookies on this device in accordance with our cookie policy unless you have disabled them.